EcoPure® is an organic additive that accelerates the biodegradation process* of plastic products and plastic packaging in a biologically active landfill and enhances the environmental sustainability of these products in their end-of-life.
Plastics do not decompose in the same way—or at the same rate—as organic material. Since plastics are very slow to biodegrade*, if they do at all, they can persist thousands of years in a landfill, and their breakdown may contribute to pollutants in soil and water.
Call 505-465-8303 or message us for a free quote.
Why Plastic Manufacturers Choose EcoPure®?
There are many reasons why EcoPure® is the best choice for environmentally conscious businesses looking to improve the end-of-life impact of their plastic products:
- EcoPure® breaks down otherwise non-biodegradable* plastic into inert biomass, methane and carbon dioxide.
- Plastic treated with EcoPure® have an identical shelf life as plastic products without EcoPure®. EcoPure® bonds to the molecular structure of the plastic without altering the plastic’s positive attributes. Biodegradation* does not begin until the product is thrown away in a microbe-rich landfill environment.
- EcoPure® does not affect quality, strength or other physical properties. The shelf life of the plastic with the additive is exactly the same as those without the addition of EcoPure®.
- EcoPure® does not negatively affect the manufacturing process or the physical properties of the plastic application.
- EcoPure® is available in forms specific for use in EVA, EVOH, HDPE, LDPE & LLDPE, PET, PETG, HIPS, GPPS, Polypropylene (PP), polycarbonate, rubber and nylon. 99% of household or industrial plastic goods can benefit from this additive.
Call 505-465-8303 or click here to learn how you can impact the environment with EcoPure® without sacrificing the strength or shelf-life of your product.
- EcoPure® is an extremely versatile additive that can be used in wide variety of polymer applications, from bulk trash bags to custom engineered durable goods.
- EcoPure® has stood up under scrutiny in hundreds of independent biodegradation* tests at 3rd party scientific laboratories.
- All EcoPure® additives are tested according to the ASTM D5511 test method to measure carbonaceous and methane gas produced by anaerobic microorganisms. Bio-Tec Environmental also tests our products via newly developed ASTM test and standards to stay on the cutting edge of biodegradation* technology.
Be Part of an Environmental Solution to Plastic Pollution
According to a 2011 study by Columbia University:
- Only 6.5% of plastics used in the United States are recycled
- 85.8% of used plastics end up in a landfill
- In 2008, the estimated amount of non-recycled plastics in American landfills was estimated to be at 28.8 million tons.
Is your company doing all it can to help reduce the growing problem of global plastic pollution?
Bio-Tec Environmental, LLC, developed EcoPure® additives to help businesses lessen their plastic product’s impact on the environment and to bioplastic manufacturers.
* Biodegradation rates of EcoPure®-treated plastic materials measured according to the ASTM D5511 test method. Tests are generally conducted using 20% to 30% solids content; solids content in naturally wetter landfills range from 55% to 65%, while the driest landfills may reach 93%. Actual biodegradation rates will vary in biologically-active landfills according to the type of plastic used, the product configuration, and the solid content, temperature and moisture levels of the landfill.