There are many reasons why EcoPure® is the best choice for environmentally conscious businesses looking to improve the end-of-life impact of their plastic products:
- EcoPure® results in rapid acceleration of biodegradation* process when compared to equivalent, untreated plastic materials. Treated plastics take a fraction of the number of years traditional plastics can take to biodegrade* (according to ASTM D5511 test results).
- EcoPure® breaks down otherwise non-biodegradable* plastic into inert biomass, methane and carbon dioxide.
- Plastic treated with EcoPure® have an identical shelf life as plastic products without EcoPure®. EcoPure® bonds to the molecular structure of the plastic without altering the plastic’s positive attributes.
- EcoPure® does not negatively affect the manufacturing process or the physical properties of the plastic application.
* Biodegradation rates of EcoPure®-treated plastic materials measured according to the ASTM D5511 test method. Tests are generally conducted using 20% to 30% solids content; solids content in naturally wetter landfills range from 55% to 65%, while the driest landfills may reach 93%. Actual biodegradation rates will vary in biologically-active landfills according to the type of plastic used, the product configuration, and the solid content, temperature and moisture levels of the landfill.