EcoPure® revolutionizes the way companies think about plastic.
Here are 10 reasons why:
- Plastic waste is a pervasive and global problem. Even as recycling rates rise, not all plastics can be recycled, and many end up in landfills. Biodegradable plastics help solve the problem of plastic waste and is a clean energy source.
- EcoPure® is organic. Thoroughly researched and created by engineers, EcoPure® uses carbon based ingredients to enable durable polymers to biodegrade* like organic matter.
- EcoPure® creates biodegradable* plastics without using a food source. Using EcoPure® to create environmentally safe products does not cause unnecessary strain on finite resources, such as corn and water.
- EcoPure® does not affect the integrity, quality, strength, durability, or other desirable properties of plastic. Untreated plastics have the same shelf life as those that are treated with EcoPure®.
- EcoPure® is versatile. The additive is available for EVA, HDPE, PET, LDPE, LLDPE, GPPS, PP, HIPS, Nylon, PVC and Polycarbonate plastics.
- EcoPure® offers custom engineering. Our scientists are skilled at assessing the precise ratios necessary for the chemical demands of your plastic product.
- EcoPure® has been rigorously tested. Our additives have successfully endured the ASTM D5511 test method to measure carbonaceous and methane gas produced – validating the biodegradation* process. It has also stood up under scrutiny in hundreds of third party tests in scientific laboratories.
- EcoPure® actually accelerates the biodegradation* process.
- EcoPure® products do not decompose prematurely. Our additive is only activated when it is in the presence of landfill microorganisms and enzymes, not on the shelf, during transportation or the usable life of the plastic product.
- EcoPure® helps leave the earth a better place. Your business can create eco-friendly products that will appeal to environmentally-conscious consumers. Adding the EcoPurelogo to a plastic product increases its marketability to consumers who are concerned with their environmental stewardship.
* Biodegradation rates of EcoPure®-treated plastic materials measured according to the ASTM D5511 test method. Tests are generally conducted using 20% to 30% solids content; solids content in naturally wetter landfills range from 55% to 65%, while the driest landfills may reach 93%. Actual biodegradation rates will vary in biologically-active landfills according to the type of plastic used, the product configuration, and the solid content, temperature and moisture levels of the landfill.